Thursday, August 7, 2008

Annals Of a Pastor


we serving the Lord since 40 years,Faced so many difficulties like beaten up by several times,escaped from a bid to set afire of entire my family including three little children and plan to kill us by food poisoning to stop the proclamation of the gospel in the majority Hindu dominated area.But my God never forsake me He is using me in his glorious service.
I was born in a untouchable caste,around 1950-55 resembles apartheid in south Africa.Here in India there are a system called caste system. Some people are having land and money followed by power called upper caste and some people are called lower caste or untouchables. As in their name this people are not touched by upper caste people nor even not able to enter in to the streets of upper caste people. If any body wanted to walk in the street of upper caste dwellers he has to make a sound that he is coming so that upper caste peoples went in to their houses. If any body does not performs this he will be punished . In that untouchable caste I was born. Imagine how my mother and father's situation at that time , they are illiterates , labor in the fields , lives in the outskirts of villages so far to the upper caste community people. That is my status in community.The untouchables are not allowed to the temples the worship centers of upper caste Hindus.(unfortunately this practice had been in in some of the areas)at that period the rule of British in India introduced Christianity in India.Because of the christian love and humanity and concern towards poor and untouchable by missioners many of this people accepted Jesus as their savior and God.My mother was one of the person among them.
My mother was a believer. He used to pray at house always after return from her daily labor. She often tells about Prayer and Jesus Christ. She joined me in a government school. She had been influenced by a pastor about me to make me a pastor!Praise the Lord!!

No comments: