Sunday, December 13, 2009

last night iam walking on the road thinking about how to celebrate Christmas this year.this is winter season here. I was covered body to protect from cold breeze. Iam planning to go to shopping tomorrow and want to buy new cloth to my family.
while Iam on moving left of road aside I observed a old woman reading some thing. I just moved some distance but I have curiosity that what the old woman studding in this street light in that cold breeze without covering any cloth protect her body. I return to her. just she wore a old Saree . without that cloth she dd not have any thing. slowly i went to her and observed what she is reading. Just I surprised that is a page of bible she is reading ! an old one!!
I wondered and move to her and asked mama, why you are reading? she said bible!
and she continued , Iam very happy to read this because these are the days of Christmas,till now I have no bible to read. i found this page here ,iam very interested to read this ! if you are christian could you please offer me a bible for me for this Christmas my son? she asked . I felt very guilty about her request. Iam planning buy new garments to family for this Christmas but this old woman even does not have any thing , living on road aside in this cold wants the word of God!
I did not answer her. I just went to my house first took a new Bible which was kept for my Children and picked up a old dupatta , bed sheet and two saris, and packed food for that old woman and went to her!
on the road side in that cold breeze having little cloth to cover the old woman ready to sleep. mama, I called, she raised, first i gave her the addition of new holy Bible I observed light in her eyes! I have had a great satisfaction, next gave her cloths which I brought to her. she took the things with thanks.
I feel HOW wonderful Christmas I enjoyed!!

1 comment:

Shannon Jacobyansky said...

A wonderful story! Thanks for giving her the Bible! Thank you also for visiting my blog. Please check out my other blogs at...

www.hewonmyheart.blogspot.com

and...

www.resolutions10.wordpress.com

Keep loving! Keep praising God!